Cybersecurity has become a crucial issue for businesses with a transactional website. Since the rapid growth of digital technology, cyber attacks are constantly on the rise and can cause considerable financial losses for businesses and damage their reputation. Therefore, it is important for businesses to take steps to protect their systems and data from cyber threats.
What are the most common cyber attacks
The most common cyber attacks that B2B and B2C companies are exposed to include:
1. Data theft
Cybercriminals are able to easily target vulnerabilities in companies' IT systems and by finding a loophole. This allows them to access company and customer data, such as credit card information, account details and personal information.
Cybercriminals can use emails and messages to trick users into disclosing information or clicking on malicious links. This is known as phishing, which by the way is the most common technique used by hackers.
Many can also pretend to be an organization that you know very well. These fraudsters take advantage of the trust that customers have in the company, which makes it easier for them to gather information. Their methods are generally credible and it becomes difficult not to join them.
4. Point-of-Sale Fraud
Web fraudsters can use malware to access companies' point-of-sale systems and retrieve customers' credit card information. According to the Canadian Anti-Fraud Centre, "19,610 Canadians lost a combined $7.4 million due to COVID-related fraud alone from March 2020 to May 2021”
How to protect yourself against cyber attacks
To protect against these threats, companies must implement security measures. Here are some measures to implement in your organization:
- Security updates fix known software vulnerabilities and can help protect systems from attack. They should therefore be done continuously to minimize risks.
- Implementing anti-virus software can also help block cyberattacks before they reach your systems. This includes implementing encryption protocols to protect sensitive information, as well as having clear privacy policies in place to inform customers how their data will be used and protected.
- Educate employees on cybersecurity risks and provide training on best practices to use. Employees can be a great gateway for cybercriminals, so it's important that they are aware of the topic.
- Strong passwords are generally difficult for cybercriminals to guess. It is recommended to use unique passwords for each account and to change them regularly.
- Businesses should also have a response strategy in place in the event of a cyberattack. Companies must be able to respond quickly and effectively to minimize the impact. If not, its reputation can truly be compromised.
Cybersecurity, a priority issue
In short, cyber attacks can cause enormous damage to both the financial aspect of organizations and its reputation. Cybersecurity is a crucial issue for eCommerce companies. Organizations are exposed to data theft and it is important that they take steps to protect their systems from cyberattacks, their own data and their customers' data. This includes implementing security measures, educating employees about cybersecurity risks, and implementing procedures in the event of threats.
Looking for a secure eCommerce solution? You can count on dvore to protect your data and your customers' data with a set of measures meticulously implemented by our team of cybersecurity experts. Protect your eCommerce today by speaking with one of our experts.